Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Love Is Not Irritable?!?!

Love is not irritable?!?  I'm irritated I didn't know that!! During my time of repentance this morning I was drawn to read about what God says love is/does.  I knew that reading this verse would convict me of the areas in which I am not walking in love - therefore needing to confess to the Mighty Forgiver.  Good times, right?  Holiness is my desire. Intimacy with Him.  Confessing my need for him and deeper awareness of my need for Him brings that intimacy and dependency.  This is the desire of my heart and His too!

Anyways, I read the classic love chapter, I Corinthians 13.  Something hit me -- in the ESV it clearly states, "Love is not irritable." (I Corinthians 13:5)  Oysh.  Irritable!?!  My sheets turn crooked on my bed in the middle of the night and I'm irritable!  Oh Lord help me.  So, I confessed my irritability and asked the Holy Spirit to convict me of my irritable moments and empower me to respond to His helping hand to say "no" to irritability and embrace true love.  "Love that bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." (I Corinthians 13:7)  He can.  I can't.  In Him, through Him, surrendered to Him I can walk in daily obedience; because of His great love for me.

Truth rocks.  Love Him!!

No comments: