Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Simply Swooning...

Well, I met with a couple girlfriends last night and talked about my current husband experiment. As most of you know Chris is unemployed and filling in our financial gaps with side work and the like. Needless to say the nerves are raw and we're holding on for dear life. Now that you know the emotional environment, I'm sure you've surmised that I'm not swooning over my husband and his current accomplishments and a few weeks ago you would have been right. But just lately I decided to experiment with my behavior and how it translates into Chris' behavior.

So, I've been swooning over Chris like I did when we were dating for the 1st couple years. My experimental behavior includes: shining light on every little thing he does right and detracting attention away from any shortcomings or flaws; excessive touching and smiling (including a little more sex...please ladies, I do have my limits!); mushy notes placed in home-made lunches; watching his Discovery/Outer-space/Science shows with him; and the like.

Believe, me the first week I thought I was going to vomit and felt a little bad about selling myself out the way I was but then I saw Chris' demeanor change. He started talking to me more; initiating more; smiling more... IT WORKS!!! Additionally, as time went on, I started enjoying the exchange of mushy-love.

So ladies, give it a whirl. Start simply swooning and see how your man responds... You have nothing to lose because I'll be sure to let you know if the experiment goes awry.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

I decided to try your experiment with my husband also...we'll see what happens!

Lori Lynn said...

Great idea! One person calls this being generous to your husband. http://the-generous-wife.com/ this website offers MANY ideas for being generous to your husband. They also offer a daily email with tips on being generous to your husband.

faceunveiled said...

Tina- You rock! Thanks for sharing... such a good reminder!