Monday, March 31, 2008

Blog Business and The Like...

Chris took the girls to his dad's house this last weekend so I could have some time to organize, purge, clean and, oh yeah, relax! It was a glorious time. The girls' faces were glowing with such excitement once they were loaded into the car for a special trip with daddy. Believe me, my face was glowing too. Two nights and one whole day without the husband and two adorable clutter machines! I slept when I wanted to, got rid of clutter, spent time with some friends and just breathed. Heaven.

Now for a little blogging business. My girlfriend Nadeen had this survey on her blog and is interested in my answers. So here I go...

5 things you can’t live without under 5 dollars:
(I have a really hard time answering this one because I feel like I could really live without almost anything. So, I've changed it a little to 4 things I love to live with under $5)
- Coffee (really any kind that's severely strong)
- PG Black Tea
- Books on CD borrowed from the library (usually costs something due to my inevitable late fees!)
- Cheese (any kind, anywhere)

5 Favorite Movies:(in no particular order and change all the time)
1. The Mummy (the first and the sequel)
2. Romeo and Juliet (Clare Danes)
3. The Broken Down Palace
4. Message In A Bottle
5. Happy Gilmore

5 Songs (or albums) you could listen to over and over again: (again, no order)
1. "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers (me too, Nadeen!)
2. "Zombie" The Cranberries
3. Any collaboration with Lauren Hill and Santana
4. Almost anything from Smashing Pumpkins
5. Any hard core gospel

5 people who have had a positive influence in your life:
1. Family - parents, grandparents
2. High School Guidance Counselor/Teacher/Coach (Kelly Hasz)
3. Michael and Linda Chowdry
4. Vicki Foster (godmother)
5. Kirk Rowland (coach)

5 things in your purse you cannot live without:
1. Wallet
That's it!!

5 moments that changed your life forever:
1. Seeing Chris from across the room when I was 12 years old
2. Learning to run properly when I was 11 - the beginning of my athletic experience
3. Really coming to practically know the Lord as my everything in Junior High.
4. Having Georgia in April 2004 and learning how to shrink my life down to the things that matter
5. Having Reese in January 2006 and learning that a plan is not always fool-proof and that riding life as it comes can be freeing and enlightening

5 current obsessions:
1. Living a clutter-free life
2. Balancing a love of food with a healthy life-style
3. Not just knowing God but daily living my faith and a spirit-filled life
4. How deflated and droopy my boobs are!!
5. Raising well adjusted, healthy, intelligent, compassionate children

5 places I would love to travel:
1. Italy
2. UK
3. Africa
4. Napa Valley
5. South Pacific by catamaran

5 people who’s top 5 you would like to see:
1. Crysti (c'mon girl!)
2. Lori
3. Kendra
4. Rachel
5. Breanna

Whew!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done my friend. I especially loved the public confession of a droopy boob obsession.

Kendra said...

I loved it..it's fun to read those interesting little tid bits of things we like and obsess over!

Lori Lynn said...

I'm not doing mine, until you call me back. na, na, na, na, na

Lori Lynn said...

since you did call me after all...

5 things you can’t live without under 5 dollars:
1. Coffee
2. rental movies
3. hair color
4. batteries for my camera
5. spare key for my house

5 Favorite Movies:(in no particular order and change all the time)
1. Stranger than fiction
2. click
3. The princess bride
4. Payback
5. Shawn of the Dead

5 Songs (or albums) you could listen to over and over again: (again, no order)
1. anything by Jack Johnson
2. the mix Rachel made me for Christmas last year
3. Jealous of the moon by nickel creek
4. Chris Botti
5. Songs I’ve Hear by Harry Connick Jr.

5 people who have had a positive influence in your life:
1. Debbie Wilson (my mother-in-law)
2. My parents
3. the woman who gave me life and then gave me to parents who could give me a better life
4. Ms. Hayes (my junior high science teacher who believed I could do anything)
5. my Band of Sisters (they count as a person because I honestly couldn’t function without ALL of them.)

5 things in your purse you cannot live without:
1. bank card
2. camera
3. spare batteries for my camera
4. my favorite lipgloss
5. a note pad

5 moments that changed your life forever:
1. When Dave told me he’d slept with yet another girl
2. Betting Eric that he’d spill the slushy in his lap before we got out of the parking lot
3. grasping onto the grace of God in my life and really understanding it
4. finding out in January 2000 that I was going to have a baby
5. finding out in September 2004 that I might not be having a baby

5 current obsessions:
1. 100 list
2. Starbucks’ pumpkin loaf
3. SEX!!!
4. fun greeting cards
5. learning to enjoy my kids

5 places I would love to travel:
1. Africa
2. Ireland
3. Paris
4. Puerto Rico
5. Hawaii

5 people who’s top 5 you would like to see:
1. Rachel
2. Jenn
3. Cindy Kay
4. Manda
5. Jamie

Crysti said...

oooh you're going to make me think a bit!! I'll do it!

Anonymous said...

I just got my old computer working and found your blog site and LOVE it! However, you didn't want my comments so I won't give them:)
Jes