Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Evening...

Well, we made it to Easter evening and we're all in one piece. The girls loved the Easter extravaganza so happily put on my my parents. Easter egg hunts, balloon releasing, lollipop growing and Easter baskets.

One funny and touching thing stands out to me. Georgia got a toy ring out of one of the Easter egg decor kits and put it on her finger this morning. I didn't think anything of it but noticed she was still wearing it after church. Knowing Georgia's intolerance for jewelry I thought surely the ring would be lost by then but, no. Unknowingly, my mom asked her where she got the ring and she said she got it to remind her of her BaBaBoo and to remember that BaBaBoo is in heaven and that we love her. That story was completely her own way of including Chris' mom (who died in December) in our special day. She wore the ring all day; even for nap. Isn't that special?

I've been missing Sharon so much lately myself and am surprised that I am mourning her loss more now than in January and December. So, to follow Georgia's lead I have a little letter to Sharon that I'd like to post in her honor. I post this for you to read so you have a glimps of how brief life really is and I hope to spur you on to love the ones you have; embrace them; treasure them.

Dear Sharon,

We miss you. I carried your Easter pie making torch with much trepidation but followed your recipe exactly and could hear your voice telling me repeatedly to, "Keep your hands out of the dough!". Every time I'd start to touch the pie dough I would laugh at all the times you fixed my measurements and wiped the flour off my hiney. The pies were okay but I still don't have that edge crimping thing down that you tried to teach me so many times. I wish I could hear you tell me how just one more time. My kitchen is small and as you would say, "It's a one butt kitchen" but I sure wish there were two butts in there yesterday. I still had so much to learn from you.

You should have seen the girls today. Georgia wore green and Reese wore her signature pink. They were adorable. Reese chased bubbles squealing and Georgia hunted Easter eggs with inherent determination. They have so much of you in them, BaBaBoo.

We talked about you at dinner. You're so apparently with us even though you're gone. I miss your presence in our every day lives.

Much love.
Tina

4 comments:

Lori Lynn said...

you always know just how to make me cry. I love you Tina.

Anonymous said...

Sweet Georgia. Heartfelt Letter. The pit in my stomach tells me that you've touched me & reminded me to savor my loved ones.

Kendra said...

Sheesh, you really know how to make a person get teary! What a special letter that was. And Georgia, oh my how sweet!

Kendra said...

Sheesh, you really know how to make a person get teary! What a special letter that was. And Georgia, oh my how sweet!