Friday, February 13, 2009

La La Crazy Post

Warning: Just a silly, nothing post. Skip if you're looking for depth.

Just recently, I have caught myself thinking about some unusual things happening in my life lately and just can't put it together. It's nothing big really just a few things that I can't get my head around. Examples:

1. Why exactly I have been gifted or lent (by several unassociated friends) a stack of Christian fiction/romance books all by Francine Rivers. I don't read much fiction as a whole (being the self-help junkie that I am!) and can't get over the pictures on the cover of the books; a woman standing looking wistfully out to the horizon with dress beautifully flowing in the breeze. I will read one of them (this is for you Nadeen!) but the fate of the other books is yet to be decided. I just don't get it but the fact that I have 5, yep 5, books on my desk that I have received within the last 10 days must mean something right? Maybe once I'm done reading them I'll acquire the same beautiful gaze and flowing dress. Hmmm.

2. I had a dream last night that Chris was blind and my parents wouldn't take us in. Isn't it a theory that if you dream about losing teeth that money is coming your way? Maybe, loss of an eyeball guarantees something even better. We'll see!

3. My pores grew overnight and I'm obsessed about it. Walking to the kitchen, I'm thinking about my pores. Changing the laundry, I'm thinking about my pores. Sitting in church, I'm thinking about my pores. Remember, beauty products and pore size generally are not high on my priority list. Bizarre.

Maybe Chris will have me admitted to the psych ward. If I'm not returning your calls, assume the worst.

6 comments:

faceunveiled said...

I totally know how you feel... I NEVER thought I would like Christian Romance...sounds just a bit too mushy and cheesy!.. but then I read Francine Rivers...and well, she's great! So give it a try and let us know what you think :)

Katrina said...

You know I work in a medical spa, if you want to come in for a little facial or something I can take care of you! :)

Kendra said...

Francine River books are awesome!

Anonymous said...

That just cracked me up! I don't check blogs much anymore - isn't that sad? You didn't tell me other people have been giving you books too! How weird.
And the part about your dream made me LOL. (that's Laugh Out Loud just in case you hadn't figured that out yet...not that I'm accusing you of being dumb...) I have issues with my pores too.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry if your parents won't let you in we will!!! You always have a place with us (wherever that may be:) Maybe then we can figure out the pore thing together, mine are driving me crazy too!

Jes

David & Beth Roberts said...

READ THE BOOKS! Then call me. We'll chat. Many of her books have given me amazing perspective of God's love for me.