Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Book Review - The Penny Pinchers Club

As I wandered through the library looking for anything that caught my eye I came upon a Sarah Strohmeyer book titled, "The Penny Pinchers Club". I often joke about my addiction to the self-help genre and am always looking for a book to carry my imagination to another place now and then. So, having nothing "fiction" on my bed stand (except Tolstoy but we all know that doesn't count as real fiction!) I decided to check out the book.

"TPPC" was entertaining and an easy read while playing to my current obsession with freegan living. The main character is struggling to save money and resorts to penny pinching as her means to accomplish said goal. Dumpster diving only makes the story more interesting.

Ground breaking fiction? No. Enjoyable? Yes.

No comments: