Thursday, June 26, 2008

Do we have to deal in reality ?!?

This last Tuesday was Chris' dad's birthday and I spent the day with him and the girls. In the evening we went to dinner as a big family (Aunts, Uncles, kids AND BOB'S NEW GIRLFRIEND!) Now, Chris and I have met her once before (and really liked her) but it's still difficult to transition from the oh-so-normal picture of Chris' parents, Bob and Sharon, to Bob with a new lady friend just shortly after Sharon's death.

Georgia met one of Bob's other lady-friends a few months ago and let's just say she responded with a clear statement of "you are not my BaBaBoo!" So, we have been cautious about introducing her to his new friend for fear that G would be funky again. But, Bob's getting serious with this lady and we took the plunge.

After some prompting from a friend I had a straight forward conversation with Georgia about PaPa having lady friends after BaBaBoo. (Which is so funny that it had to be suggested that I be straight-forward but I've since realized that I too wanted to avoid the reality of our circumstance...Sharon gone, lady-friend ever presently here.) Long story short, I started into a conversation with Georgia and she interrupted me and said, "Don't worry mom, I won't be ugly. I don't want PaPa to be lonely." And, she was just lovely the entire dinner.

Now maybe someone can have a straight forward conversation with me. It's still tough and I have a feeling it will be for a long while. Love your people my friends. Love your people.

1 comment:

Lori Lynn said...

I understand! Hang in there. It will get better.