Saturday, August 9, 2008

Heart Song...

It's funny that Rachel posted a Psalm today as I have been pondering the book of Psalms in the last 48 hours or so... I went to a Christian gospel concert Thursday night (great time!!!). So many of the songs referenced Psalms and I realized again their power and, again, the sense that they are such a clear reflection of the heart that God has called me to have for Him. My heart cries out and my spirit longs for more of Him.

So, here's my excerpt for the day:

Psalm 63:1-8

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.

I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.

Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.

I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.

My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

On my bed I remember you; I think of you in the watches of night.

Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.

My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.

No comments: