Thursday, August 21, 2008

Is Your Man On The Roof?

I've started reading Proverbs again and am reading one chapter a day to correspond with the date. So, today I read Proverbs 21. Each day I take a verse or two and meditate on the message. Today I was really challenged with my role as a wife.

vs 9 - "Better to live on a corner of the roof than to share a house with a quarrelsome wife."
vs 19 - "Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife."
vs 29 - "A wicked man puts up a bold front, but an upright man gives thought to his ways."

It's a well known fact that I like to stir the pot and have heated "discussions". I wonder, does Chris feel as though I'm a quarrelsome wife? I'm sure, at times, he feels like he'd like to climb up on the roof and take a break from our "discussions". So, I'll discuss this with him but also meditate on what kind of wife I'm being from moment to moment. I want to uplift my man and encourage him and surely not make him want to wander the desert alone!!

So ladies... How are you doing as an encourager of your husband? Is your man running to the desert or climbing onto the roof? Or, are you giving thought to your ways?

XO!

1 comment:

Lori Wilson said...

This is great food for thought Tina. Thanks! I miss you girlfriend.