Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Verse for the last few weeks...

I'm sure we can all relate to life being so hard that you just feel like you're going to lose your mind. In those moments it's so difficult for me not to fly off at the mouth and act like a psycho. It just feels so good (like letting the air out of an overfilled balloon) just to let it out; even if it causes more damage and, in turn, more reason to freak out in the future. So, for the past few years, at least, I've been really working on watching my tongue, acting slowly and not giving into my fleshly desire to just spew.

The last couple weeks have been particularly difficult and I've been meditating on a couple verses in Proverbs. I've been asking for wisdom in my life as well as a tangible realization of God's power being enacted in my every day life. Maybe it will speak to your life as well.

Proverbs 24:14 - "Know also that wisdom is sweet for your soul; if you find it, there is a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off."

Proverbs 31:25 - "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come." (Some days this seems out of reach but I'm choosing to believe that through God's power all things are possible, without Him nothing is possible.)

No comments: