Thursday, January 15, 2009

Today, I choose...

Chris' job, scheduled to start Monday the 19th, has been indefinitely postponed. Yesterday we clung to Psalm 42:11 - "But O my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act. For I know that I shall again have plenty of reason to praise him for all that he will do. He is my help. He is my God."

Today I woke up feeling very discouraged. I feel like I could better cope and slough off the yuck by working out very hard and having some space to breathe but I have two kids, a house, a husband who needs a positive wife and work to do for Linda. I feel trapped and like I can't manage my pain/anger very well today.

So, of course, I do what I can and read Hebrews 12. Check it - "Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles (over-eating, drinking, yelling at my husband), and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and PERFECTER of our faith." (not by my power or effort but His).

Today I will discipline my mind and meditate on what's true. Point blank, God has provided for us and blessed us and He will again. Maybe not how we expect him to provide but, really, what He has for us is better than anything we could ever dream up. Jesus take the wheel!

1 comment:

Lori Wilson said...

Crying with you my friend! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I love you and agree, "Jesus, take the wheel."