Wednesday, January 28, 2009

One Step At A Time...

It's been one heck of a ride lately and I'm growing weary. The tears flow more easily and I feel the physical pain of waiting. Seems dramatic but it's true.

I'm clinging to God's promises and most recently am clinging to (parenthesis by Tina):
Phil 4:4 - "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again rejoice! The Lord is near. (I am not alone.) Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything (even this circumstance), by prayer and petition, WITH THANKSGIVING, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think on such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."

Here's my deduction -
Step 1 - Rejoice in the Lord
Step 2 - Be gentle, You are not alone!
Step 3 - Be thankful and present your requests to the Big Guy
Step 4 - Peace that transcends will fill me, my heart and mind will be safe
Step 5 - Think on right things (see list above)
Step 6 - Put this all into practice (by God's power) and the God of peace will reign in my life.

So, after this long recap, here's my list of gratitude:
1. God is powerful and transcends every circumstance
2. Reese saying "I'll love you happy"
3. Georgia comparing marsh mellow textures
4. A new vacuum cleaner
5. Home made chicken stock
6. $7.99 birthday balloons that last 1.5 weeks!
7. My 2000 Honda that runs great
8. Friends who want honest and meaningful friendships
9. Parents who love and support
10. My husband making coffee and putting a cup by my bed every a.m.
11. A fun part-time job to fill in the cracks
12. The ability to know exceptional people that challenge me
13. The library
14. My deep freeze
15. A God who knows me better than I know myself
16. A husband who knows and seeks Him
17. Georgia cutting paper repeating, "Thumb always up, thumb always up..."
18. My brother buying me flowers
19. A full life that I have to get to now!


2 comments:

Lori Wilson said...

My heart aches for the pain and the uncertainty that you go are going through. The verse you shared is so appropriate to life.

I saw "Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice." It reminds me to look back at how God has answered and come through in the past. When I look back I can see God's protection and His provision.

Remembering His actions in the past helps me to trust and put my faith in Him to bring me through again.

David & Beth Roberts said...

Thank you for sharing your heart...even sometimes a broken heart.

Phil 4 what a great chapter to stand upon right now. For how long???? probably until HE returns! May your gratitude fill you with JOY and His presence today.