Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hope...

Last night Chris and I were laying in bed and just before we fell asleep Chris said quietly, "Sorry honey." I said, "Sorry for what babe?" and Chris said "Sorry for where we are." It broke my heart as I tried to encourage him that we're living an upright and respectable life and waiting on God to reveal the next phase. Chris has been working so hard doing any and everything to support us and I see he's feeling hopeless right now.

So, this morning I concentrated on the subject of hope while doing my devotion. This is the verse I have written on a sticky note and posted by his bedside. My prayer is that the Truth bring Chris hope and also bring hope to anyone who needs this verse today.

Psalm 42:11
But O my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. EXPECT God to act. For I know that I shall again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all He will do. He is my help. He is my God.

We have so much to be thankful for even now and I EXPECT God to act in more amazing and wonderful ways. I anticipate greatness with a thankful heart.

No comments: