Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Week Meals:

This week I shopped at Sunflower Market (primarily produce - this week's ads made it clear that SM's produce was much less expensive) and Safeway. I did buy a few convenience foods (Goldfish, Fiber-One Bars, Potato Chips)... It seems like I can really cut the budget for over a month or so and then I get burnt out on being so "homemade" and "budget conscious". So, this was a more expensive week and I spent a total of $110. This includes, however, 4 discounted deodorants for Chris and a few bulk paper product purchases that I only make every few months or so.

Anyway, here's the scoop on this week's menu:

Dinners:
  • BBQ Ribs w/ Broccoli and Parmesan Cornbread Muffins
  • Mango Curry Salmon w/ Rice and Artichokes
  • "Oven-Fried" Chicken Strips w/ Corn On The Cobb
  • South Beach Pancakes w/ Fruit and Hash browns
  • Fried Chicken Legs w/ Garlic Zucchini

Lunches:

  • Turkey Sandwiches w/ Potato Chips and Fruit
  • Breakfast Cous Cous
  • Homemade Mac'N'Cheese w/ Mickey Mouse Noodles (Reese's choice)
  • Peanut Butter Sandwiches w/ Goldfish
  • Pasta Salad

Snacks:

  • HomemadeBanana Muffins
  • Fruit and Goldfish
  • Homemade Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
  • Fiber-One Bars and Fruit Leather
  • Popcorn
  • Homemade Tapioca Pudding

Baking:

  • Fruit Pie
  • Wheat Bread w/ Flax and Honey

4 comments:

mamarach said...

Funny you should say that about "convenience" foods I too find that I don't have them and so I leave the house with NOTHING (dumb) or I bring stuff that's a pain while out (also dumb). So here's to nutrigrain bars and such :) And your pancake recipe looks awesome, I'm thinking a breakfast week will be in order with J gone this week.

mamarach said...

Oh yeah and I'm glad to hear that Chris won't be stinking anymore...

Anonymous said...

Have you tried the south beach pancakes? I'm curious. Does your family like them? They sound a bit strange...

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!
JES