Monday, May 12, 2008

YoYo Menu Week...

Well, it's late on Monday and I still have yet to make my grocery list and go shopping. So, I plan to have a "YoYo Week (You're On You're Own)" in which I only go to the store for fresh produce (under $25) and cook out of the pantry and freezer. The meals are generally less inventive but I do this about once a month to take a bite out of the budget and clean out the pantry.

Here's what I have planned:

Meals:
  • Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with Broccoli
  • Black Bean and Beef Burritos (w/ avocado, sour cream, cheese, salsa)
  • Grilled Cheese and Fruit
  • BBQ Sandwiches, Corn and Baked Beans and Watermelon (frozen bbq pork from large batch)
  • Pizza with homemade crust and assorted toppings (refrigerator raid, usually end of week)
  • Fritatta (w/ sauteed potatoes and assorted veggies) and fruit

Snacks:

  • Popcorn
  • Biscotti (left over from last week)
  • Peanut Butter Tortillas and Fruit
  • Smoothies (w/ flax, yogurt, fruit, water)
  • Apple Slices and Cheese
  • Homemade Banana Muffins
  • Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes (for breakfasts, lunches or snacks - I freeze them and then pop them in the toaster whenever I want them)

Lunches:

  • Ham and Cheese Sandwiches w/ Carrots and Ranch Dressing
  • Scrambled Eggs, Toast and Fruit; Chocolate Pudding
  • Left-Over Pizza, Mango and Popsicles
  • Grilled chicken w/ Ranch, Yogurt, Fruit and Veggie
  • Cheese Quesadillas, grilled chicken, pineapple
  • Quiche - made w/ leftover pie crust from last week

I'll post some of the recipes a little bit later. Hope this helps!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made your quiche recipe for dinner tonight and it was wonderful. It was a hit! Thanks. I'll definitely be adding it to my favorites.

Anonymous said...

Thanks girlfriend! It's already Wed. and I still have no meal plan for the week! Can we just eat at your house the next 3 days.

Anonymous said...

???
I meant to make that last sentence a question...