Friday, September 19, 2008

AVOIDING!!!

I'm posting b/c I'm avoiding laundry, dirty carpets and toys tossed and scattered ALL OVER my house! So, just one little thought and then I'll be diligent with my time...

I was listening to K-Love this morning on the way home from bringing the girls to school and the DJ read a eulogy for some man that died 11 years ago today. Anyway, the thing that hit me was that it talked about his legacy. He accomplished great things and touched many lives but the eulogy made a point to mention that his accomplishments were not his legacy. His relationships were his legacy.

So, today as I trudge through the monotony of life I'll be thinking of what my legacy will be. Right now I've settled on the fact that my legacy starts with my husband and kids; how I can raise the girls and love my husband in a way that encourages and equips them to make a difference with their lives.

More thoughts to come on life legacies. What's your legacy?

1 comment:

mamarach said...

Didn't you have laundry on Monday?! Good thoughts my friend...it goes along with the bucket list. The movie notes said that as people got older their lists were less about doing stuff and more about relationships. That is the heart of life.