Monday, September 15, 2008

Our pastor urged us to read Hebrews 10 after he referenced Hebrews 10: 23,24,25 in his sermon. I read it today and am still meditating on the verse he highlighted. Hebrews 10 is worth the visit.

Hebrews 10:23,24,25
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another all the more as you see the Day approaching.


It seems that we are always looking for something stable to stand on. The truth that really penetrated my heart is in vs 23; that God is faithful and THEREFORE we can move forward unswervingly with hope. Stability. Determination and Direction. Hope.

1 comment:

Lori Wilson said...

And that my friend is the reason I am going to step out in faith and lead a new BOS group, knowing God will give me the time I need for the other things. I need to "consider how [I] may spur [others] on to love and good deeds."