Monday, September 8, 2008

Best Life Diet Hunger Scale

I read The Best Life Diet about a year ago and was able to implement a few of Bob Green's weight-management strategies. I was perusing his website today and realized I haven't been using his oh-so-helpful hunger scale. So, this is my latest tool to drop those lingering pounds. Maybe it will be helpful to my lady-friends too...

The key is to eat something when your hunger level is between at 3 and a 4 and to stop eating when your hunger level is between a 5 and a 6. Also, don't eat while driving, watching TV or chasing toddlers...it's difficult to pay attention to your hunger level when you're distracted.

10 - Stuffed - You are so full you feel nauseous.
9 - Very uncomfortably full - You need to loosen your clothes.
8 - Uncomfortably full - You feel bloated.
7 - Full - A little bit uncomfortable.
6 - Perfectly comfortable - You feel satisfied.
5 - Comfortable - You’re neither hungry nor full.
4 - Slightly uncomfortable - You’re just beginning to feel hungry.
3 - Uncomfortable - Your stomach is rumbling.
2 - Very uncomfortable - You feel irritable & unable to concentrate.

1 - Weak and light headed - You stomach acid is churning.

1 comment:

Lori Wilson said...

This might really help me. Thanks for sharing it. I'm interested to see how it works with the 4-5 small meals a day I've been working towards.