Monday, February 11, 2008

Toasting A Turkey...

I bought a whole turkey on discount during the holiday and froze it. Today I felt motivated to roast my first turkey and have a nice dinner and plenty of frozen turkey meat for future meals. I am currently wearing extra layers of clothing and hiding in my bedroom because my house is full of smoke and all the windows are open so the fire alarm doesn't go off again!!! Martha would be very disappointed in my performance. (Which Martha you ask? Both, jail-bird Martha Stewart and my mom, super-homemaker Martha!)

Anyway, I'm not stressing. I've decided to implement my "2008 attitude" and laugh. Can't laugh too hard though because I might start coughing and wheezing from all the smoke!!

6 comments:

Lori Lynn said...

You always know how to make me giggle. I'm proud of you for trying. You rock!

Anonymous said...

I missed something...
did you cook it too long? was it too close to the element? what made all the smoke?!

Anonymous said...

How did it end up? Did it survive? Did you?

Jes

Rachel said...

omg, so funny. I'm definitely laughing with you.

mamarach said...

Ok girl...time for some new deep thoughts from my deep friend. You can't leave me hanging like this :)

Kirsten said...

you kill me lady!