Thursday, February 28, 2008

Life's A Zoo!!

I took the girls to the zoo yesterday and had a wonderful time. On the drive to the zoo adventure I was self-talking and determined I would really tune into my girls and not be "inconvenienced" by their exploratory nature. So, after much stroller pushing (by Reese), bird chasing (by Georgia..she nicknamed the little birds "Bye-bye's") and snapping in and out of the stroller 350 times; I had one heck of a good time. I looked my girls in the eyes, was playful about the little things and danced to the African music playing at a closed exhibit. (Yes, it drew a crowd and it felt great!)

Georgia woke up this morning and wanted to go again today. Holy moley, it's been a while since I've really engaged with my girls! The stress was stripped away (for about 3 hours...) and I'm smiling more today. Kids really are sunshine.

Hope you're experiencing some wonderful sunshine of your own...

2 comments:

faceunveiled said...

Wow- sounds great! It's amazing what a little positive self talk will do huh!?

Thanks for sharing!

Crysti said...

Good for you! It is soooo easy to forget how much they crave and soak in our attention. AND how easy it is to tune them out while we are doing things that really aren't that important.