Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Encouragement...

My dear friend sent me a verse for my weary spirit. I've commented with my application and maybe this will help you tackle your day with a glad heart and rejoicing tongue.

Psalm 16
7 I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
(He is always at work. Even when things suck.)

8 I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
(I choose to believe His promises.)

9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,
(He will bring me physical rest and will choose to be positive.)

10 because you will not abandon me to the grave, [
c]
nor will you let your Holy One [
d] see decay.
(My current circumstances are not the end of the world...just a bump in the road.)

11 You have made [
e] known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
(You have a plan, Lord. Your sweet presence is enough to bolster me through today and into eternity.)

Life sucks sometimes but God is always good. My body rests secure and I rejoice amidst tough circumstances because His promises do no fail.

1 comment:

faceunveiled said...

Thanks Tina- I needed that today!