Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What's Cookin' ?

We'll I'm listing my menu for this week but caution all who may duplicate recipes. So far, I've gotten very little positive feed-back from my picky little eaters. This week I empathize with the moms with routinely picky eaters.

DINNERS:
  • Pot Roast and Veggies (mushrooms, potatoes, carrots, zucchini, pearl onions w/ mushroom/onion gravy) - Recipe from Sandra Lee, Food Network
  • Chimichangas (made w/ leftover roast meat, green chilis w/ cheese filling), Rice and Beans
  • Grilled Cheese w/ large $1.25 can of generic tomato soup (spiked w/ fresh basil from the garden to make it palatable...)
  • Homemade Mac'N'Cheese and Turkey Dogs, Assorted fruit
  • Tortelloni w/ Sage Butter Sauce and "Oven-Fried" Chicken Parmesan
  • Pita Pizzas - Pita Bread w/ pizza toppings cooked under broiler; Assorted fruit

LUNCHES:

  • PBJ (PB for Georgia, PJ for Reese - both sprinkled w/ flax meal), Carrots
  • Waffles (frozen from large batch previously made), Yogurt and Fruit
  • Cottage cheese, fruit and hard rolls w/ butter
  • Turkey or Ham Sandwiches or Tortilla roll-ups w/ cream cheese
  • Scrambled Eggs and Fruit Smoothies

SNACKS/DESSERTS:

  • Chocolate Chip Cookies (kid activity too...)
  • Chocolate Pudding
  • Panna Cotta w/ Raspberry Sauce
  • Raspberry Junket (prepackaged mix between jello and pudding...)
  • Banana Muffins (kid activity too...)
  • Homemade Popsicles (kid activity)
  • Rice Crispy Treats (from left-over camping marshmallows)
  • Yogurt/Cottage Cheese/Cheese Slices and Fruit

$58 on groceries this week AND $40 on bucket of chicken and movie for "easy" dinner. Lemme tell ya...not so easy on the budget!! No more bucket chicken for me...I almost had a heart attack (and not just from the fried chicken fat!) when I realized how much I paid for an easy night!

1 comment:

mamarach said...

dude how much chicken did you buy in a bucket? hopefully it was spiked with some vodka :) not bad on your grocery bill though...let me know when you want to join me on the free catering food :)