Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mountain Madness...

Last weekend we took our 1st camping trip of the 2008 summer. The girls slept much better this time around, which certainly beats the heck out of sleepless nights in the wilderness! We had such a lovely time just being alone as a family and taking each moment into our memory banks. AND, you picture-crazed parents will be happy to know that we also captured the moments on camera! I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks...

This weekend, Chris and I are going backpacking (without the kids) to celebrate our 7th anniversary. This is my first backpacking trip and, in an effort not to die of exhaustion, I've been exercising vigorously for the past few months! Hopefully, my hard work will pay off and I won't die while hauling my clothes and a couple books up the hill! (Chris has already advised me not to bring books but a weekend without kids; without books just isn't worth the hike! What a wasted time of solace...right?...we'll see...)

So, for now I fill my days with loads of laundry and conjuring up healthy, kid-friendly, husband-friendly, budget-conscious meals... This weekend, though, I'm a free, book-reading woman in a hammock!

4 comments:

Kendra said...

Have fun backpacking!! We had lots of fun on our camping trip last weekend too!

Anonymous said...

Have fun, it is suppose to rain and storm here...hurricanes on the gulf again but fortunately we are too far away to be affected. We desperately need the rain and it will help with our water bill! Have fun and Happy Anniversary!
Jes

Jeremy said...

Chris may be right on this one...don't bring books bring a book. And who is carrying the hammock? :)

Jeremy said...

I just commented under my hubby and wanted to make sure it didn't look like the boys are siding together...just to clarify.