Thursday, December 6, 2007

Aint no man like Daddy...

This morning Georgia and I were sitting at the kitchen table for breakfast and she announced, "We're going to play in my room this morning. What game do you want to play, Mommy? Clock or Tea Pot?". Agreeable for curiosity sake I said, "OK, I'll play. How about Tea Pot?". So I followed her downstairs (she wouldn't let me step one foot in front of her) and sat on her bedroom floor. She pulled out the blocks and said, "OK, make a tea pot." I thought, "Holy heck! I'm no architect. All these blocks are square and all the tea pots I've ever seen are round." I sat, dumbfounded but then made an attempt at looking confident and began my building endeavor. Immediately, Georgia informed me that I was not doing it right and I should try again. I tried again. Wrong again. Again. Wrong... Georgia stood up bewildered and said, "I'll get daddy. He knows how to do stuff like this!". She marched upstairs and Chris came down and put the friggin' thing together in under 5 seconds AND it looked like a tea pot!!!! Georgia looked at me and said, "See Mommy, Daddy will teach you how."
After I got over my lack of tea pot building know-how, I felt so thankful that I have a husband that will stop his sprint out to the door to get to work and build a tea pot for Georgia. I also felt very thankful that Georgia didn't call me a stupid-head. That certainly would have hurt my feelings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh. You should've taken a picture cuz I'm trying to picture what a square block teapot looks like! :-) So sweet.

So who DID you get on your Jane Austen quiz anyway? You have to remember that most of her characters are either stoically reserved or stupidly obnoxious. You, my dear, are neither.

Anonymous said...

Hey I wanna see the teapot!! Can you build it now??