Thursday, December 27, 2007

Craigs List!

Okay people, if you haven't used Craig's List you must start now. I was the classic sceptic. "Does this really save time and money? Is it really worth it?".
Answer: Yes!!

I bought the girls used Christmas presents on Craig's list (Dora House and accessories, Tool Bench, Polly Pockets, Baby Dolls) and then Chris insisted on buying some traditional store bought items to even out the purchases. So far the used items are the favorite! We should have only bought the Craig's List items! Next year only Craig's list purchases and fewer gifts. Hold me accountable people... With a hubby who loves to buy I'll need some extra man-power.

Side note: What the heck is the deal with Polly Pockets!? They're cute and G loves them but the storage and organization issue is a disaster! Little shoes, coats, hair accessories... I'm losing my mind and it's only been 2 days. Any suggestions for small toy organization?

Hope Christmas was wonderful for you all and that you aren't having Polly Pocket remorse...

9 comments:

Lori Lynn said...

I LOVE craig's list!!!!! We got a like new Schwin bike for one of the kids (free) and a playskool kitchen that goes for $175 new (only $20) this year. OUr swingset and trampoline were found on Craigslist as well as the loftbed in D's room. Craig's list is a daily stop for me. You just need to get Chris excited about Craig's list also.

Anonymous said...

Try the Polly Pocket suitcase. Or any little suitcase really. The only hard part will be getting G to put it all away when she's done. Trust me, I've been Polly Pocketing for months now and I'm still okay. :-)

Crysti said...

We got a screaming deal on rokenbok on craigslist, also got rid of a bunch of extra dirt!
I'm all for some new ideas for little storage - I'm in lego hell these days! Especially now that K is almost mobile and puts things in her mouth. We have shoe boxish sized tubs that we put stuff in for A but he isn't that great at getting all the legos back into them.

Kendra said...

LOVE craig's list. We have sold lots of stuff very quickly on there also!!

Anonymous said...

check out his site, I use it ALOT:

http://www.getorganizednow.com

Love, love this site you can post a dilemma in their Forum and have a bunch of people give suggestions on how to solve the problem....

faceunveiled said...

Tina- Love the blog! Although it does make me feel like a total slacker! Ah but oh well... my real question is.. how are you liking "Parenting with Love & Logic" Saw it at the store the other day and almost bought it.

Crysti said...

Hi Tina!
Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you!
Love you girl!

Chris, Tina, Georgia and Reese said...

Lori...to answer your question about Love and Logic b/c I can't find your email!! Ahhh!!

Yes, we do like Love and Logic but much prefer the audio tapes to the book. The book is a bit boring and takes some perseverance. Audio tapes are quickly applied...
Mostly though, we like the Love and Logic concept of a "Parent Centered Home" instead of a the much popular "Child Centered Home". As with every book, you take what you like and leave the rest...

Hope this helps!
T

Lori Lynn said...

I had to come back and post to this again. We posted our car (the one that's been sitting in our driveway for 3 months) for sale on Craig's list and it sold within one hour. I LOVE craigs list!!