Friday, December 21, 2007

Debbie Downer...

Do you remember that skit from Saturday Night Live titled "Debbie Downer" where friends were out together and there was one lady who would put a damper on the evening with downer details about life. After she made her comment the camera would zoom into her frowning face and the music would go, "Wah, wah, wah..."

That's how I feel right now. Chris' mom, Sharon, passed this last Sunday morning. We were expecting to lose her but it still feels sudden. We're surviving though...

My thoughts have been filled with such heavy content lately I could go on forever but one thought continues to swirl around my head. Am I ready? If God called me to heaven today would I be ready? Have I been honest and forgiving with my family and friends; to the point that I could leave them in peace? Am I focusing too much on the minor things (dishes, waist measurements, my husband's stupid comments) and forgetting about the majors (my blessed life, my health, my loving and committed husband)? Let me challenge you: Take a tally of your blessings and determine to meditate on the things that really add to your life. The things that take away are just inevitable little bits of life that we should acknowledge and deal with but not major on.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said my dear. I disagree with the Debbie Downer part though - you couldn't be like her if you tried! She was just being negative...you're grieving! Grieving is a downer by nature.

Lori Lynn said...

I love you Tina!