Monday, December 10, 2007

Esther...

I was reading today in the book of Esther and was really convicted by how Esther conducted herself. I've read Chuck Swindoll's book, "Esther" and even after all that time spent on such a little book God revealed another thing to me just by reading his word. Amazing!

Anyway, enough la la... I was convicted by how Esther conducted herself when petitioning King Xerxes. Remember, by approaching the king without being summoned she was risking death but she did it anyway to save her people, the Jews. The awe inspiring thing to me is that she got his attention without being killed, invited him to dinner to discuss and when the King asked what was up she postponed for another day. She must not have felt like the timing was right. She was following God's leading and waiting on the Lord. I'm sure she wanted to ask and get the heck out of there! If it were me I'd be asking for what I needed right then and there and plunge forward into saving my people. Why waste time right? Wrong. She talked to the King the next day and the timing was perfect. Everything that happened from that point forward was synchronized with certain important events. I could see God ordering each day as I read on into Esther. Isn't that awesome!

I anticipate everything and I'm praying that the Lord will help me be more sensitive to His leading. I would suggest flipping through Esther yourself. (It's only 10 short chapters.) God's name is not mentioned in the book but you can clearly see His presence.

Hope I'm not too preachy-preachy...Here ends the sermon for the day!!

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Esther is my favorite book I think. You're right, we get so impatient about things instead of waiting for God's timing!!