Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Things that make you go ouch...

Call me a masochist but I like to feel things in all their painful glory. I never shy away from pain in order to really experience life. When my grandpa was on his death bed I didn't busy myself with other things but cleared my schedule as much as possible and shared some of the most precious moments with him. Precious but painful. I have story after story like that in my life. It's not conscious and I don't realize I'm doing it again until I come out the other side pain ridden but thankful that I had the opportunity to draw in and soak in the experience and the opportunity for growth.

Tonight as I type I realize I'm doing it again. Drawing near to the ones I love as they experience pain and their pain becomes my pain. Break-ups, cancer, marital troubles, and other things. At the end of a long day my heart aches and my gut feels heavy. I'm close to tears. Even in this moment I wouldn't change my day; my conversations; my aches; my pains; my life. I feel blessed to trudge through life with those that I hold so dear to my aching heart.

1 comment:

Lori Lynn said...

"Life is pain, highness." Can you identify that quote? I don't think your a masochist at all, you simply enjoy soaking in ALL that life has to offer.