Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Random thoughts...

It's been a little while since I've blogged... It feels like I'm balancing my thoughts as they swirl around like they're in orbit. I'm thinking so much that I can't seem to put things together in my head, let alone on paper! Stick with me as I sort things out in what I'm sure will be quite random...

We've got a lot going: Chris' mom going to hospice, my brother's struggling, my sister has a new baby, financial struggles... The list goes on and on...

The amazing thing is that Chris and I are doing better than we have in such a long time. Marriage is tough and we are so constantly working towards our greatest marriage that sometimes we forget to just cling to one-another and appreciate each other. We're doing that now and just coasting for a while. It feels nice.

Little story:
Completely out of the blue, Georgia said to me today, "Grandma's going to die soon." Not a question; no emotion; just matter of fact; point blank. It was odd! I asked her carefully, "Who told you that?" She said, "I figured it out all by myself." Talk about perceptive AND talk about peace! Georgia loves her BaBaBoo (Grandma) and knows what happens when you die. (We had lengthy conversations about this when my sister's beloved cat died. In our house, for simplicity sake, cats do go to heaven!) She understands that we won't see her again but she's happy for BaBaBoo because she's going to heaven. Georgia gets that heaven is better than here and she's willing to let BaBaBoo go for that. Isn't that amazing! The things we learn from children. It blows me away every day.

Hope your day is filled with wondrous surprises and perspective.

1 comment:

Lori Lynn said...

ah, the simplicity of a child like faith. Here's a big hug sent your way. We are experiencing a death in the family as well. It's tough. Hang in there sweety.