Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Conversationally Challenged Marriage...

Well, I didn't do so well last night lifting up my husband. The conversation went like this:

Tina: "Hey, come down her and interact with me. I've been alone with toddlers all day long!"
Chris: "Okay, what do you want to talk about."
Tina: "Uh, how come I always have to pick the topics. I drive everything in our lives!!"
Chris: Dead stare that in my translation said, "Give me a break woman!"
Long pause...
Tina: "Hello?"
Chris: "Why are you so frustrated?"
Tina: "I need interaction."
Chris: "Okay, I just don't have much to say."
Tina: Fast thinking in head including the following thoughts, "Don't blow! Calm yourself Tina. Be kind. Be sensitive. I wonder how much straight jackets cost? Avoid argument. Be kind..."
Tina: "Let's just go to bed. This conversation is going no-where fast!"
Chris: "Love you."
Tina: "Love you too, honey."

Ahhh, marriage. I'm not sure there's anything like the frustration of marriage sometimes. Yet, we go on loving one another and holding onto the hope that a conversation will just happen one time in the next 30-40 years!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Been there. Done that. Well, not that Patrick is ever at a loss for words but it's WHAT he talks on and on about that causes me to have conversations in my head like "when will it end?, what will I make for dinner?" :-)