Tuesday, January 29, 2008

To all the invisible women...

One of my friends sent me a lovely story about a woman who feels invisible. (Thanks Katrina!) At times she's invisible to her children, her spouse, her colleagues...whatever. The point of the story is that even though it seems that we are slaving away and there doesn't seem to be recognition or glory God sees every little task, every selfless act, every struggle and smiles with pride.

I've copied my favorite excerpt from the story. It inspires in me a determination to plunge forward and grow, change and develop into the woman God's called me to be. Selfless and impactful.

At times, my invisibility feels like an affliction. But it is not a disease that is erasing my life.
It is the cure for the disease of my own self-centeredness.
It is the antidote to my strong, stubborn pride.

1 comment:

Lori Lynn said...

My favorite portion of this is:
"I keep the right perspective when I see myself as a great builder. As one of the people who show up at a job that they will never see finished, to work on something that their name will never be on."