Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Gift of Love

Today is Reese's 2nd birthday!! Chris and I were up last night until midnight blowing up bags of balloons, hanging streamers and wrapping presents. What joy to have a little person to celebrate! How blessed are we to have little Reesey who's witty, smart and persistent!

God is so good to reveal himself through our children. I look in Reese's face while she's licking my arm in an effort to avert attention from her oncoming timeout or screaming bloody murder for no apparent reason and I feel such compassion and love. And yet, I'm still determined to discipline her in an effort to show her real love; the love that lasts and gives a sense of value. I think that's how our Father feels. He loves us too much to keep us where we are. He wants to grow us and growth hurts sometimes. So know this, even when you're licking the arm of God and avoiding your time-out, God is loving you, caring for you and growing you up into the person he's called you to be. A valuable woman or man of God.

Happy Birthday Reesey! Thank you Lord for the gift of my little girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finally figured out how to leave a comment...:) Did you get my email for you B-days? Did you both have good ones? How did yours go? Were you up north? Miss you.
Jes