Monday, November 5, 2007

Forgiveness...

I've been struggling with unforgiveness, more so unforgetness, with my husband, Chris. I spent some time this morning studying the Bible to see what God says to do (forgive...duh!) and move forward. If you too are in this place, can I encourage you to do the same?

The following scripture bolstered my strength and will be my Biblical mantra for a while.

Psalm 51:10 & 12
Create in me a pure heart, Oh God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

Suggested reading on forgiveness:
Psalm 51 in it's entirety
Eph 4:31-32
I John 1:9
Luke 17:3-4
Mark 11:25
Isaiah 1:18-20
Matthew 6:14-15, 18:23-25

1 comment:

Rachel said...

funny. I've realized lately that I'm struggling with forgiveness - of myself - for not being perfect.
A little shocking that I haven't moved on from such a basic reality - I know - however...

Psalm 32 (new living translation)
Oh what joy for those whose rebellion is forgiven, whose sin is put out of sight! What joy for those whose record the Lord has cleard of sin, whose lives are lived in complete honesty! (There's more but I've already written enough).
I love you and I'm thinking of you.