Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Sick in bed with a racing heart...

Well, today I finally came down with the gunk that's been floating around my family. Thankfully Chris' client cancelled for the morning and he was able to care for the girls. It's funny, I'm always saying it would be nice to spend a day in bed doing nothing but I can't get my head and, oddly, my heart to stop racing. I can feel my blood pressure speeding every time I think about the laundry or other things that can certainly wait another day.

So, this blog posting is me squaring myself up with God's plan for me today; to take care of myself. I'm so disciplined about so much in my life but lack discipline when it comes to quieting my mind and being where I am just for a moment. Well, today I'm going to do just that.
I'll be. I'll be happy. I'll be happy just where I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for getting out of your sickbed to come to group last night! It wouldn't be the same without you. :-) Um, what was all that talking about last night? (and I don't mean from you) Ahem. We're all quirky in our own way I guess. :-)

Side note (as you would say): I think you should take the "word verification" off your comments - it makes it harder to leave you a note. :-)

Lovage.