Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Grouch That Stole Thanksgiving...

How is it that I'm grumpy on a holiday for giving thanks?! I choose to give thanks anyways.

Here's my top 10 thankful list for 2007:

I'm thankful for...
1. A husband who is totally committed to our marriage.
2. Two healthy and spunky girls
3. New friendships that surprise me with their willingness to dig deep
4. Old friendships that enrich my life and give me hope when I need it most
5. The Food Network (honestly! hours of entertainment and culinary schooling!)
6. My new pillow. Each night we grow more and more fond of each other.
7. My new niece, Finley, and her spiky hair!
8. Parents who love me unconditionally and are truly great mentors and friends
9. A brother and a sister that know (better than anyone) my past, present and cheer for my future.
10. My God-given drive for growth and understanding and His promise that He will complete that which He has begun in me.


I smile at the future while trudging through the difficult present.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: