Thursday, November 29, 2007

Candid or Crazy?

It's not breaking news that I'm an open person and mostly, quite confident. But, every so often I get overly self-aware and in those moments compulsively observe the many responses, whether an eyebrow raise or a shocked expression, to my often open dialogue and wonder, "Am I too open?".

Now, it's a given that some people just won't appreciate my transparent approach but really, in the grand scheme of things does it help? Does my open book policy stir things up so the yucky issues are dealt with before they begin to rot or am I just digging up the yuck and will eventually find myself buried in unmanageable piles of rotting issues?

I know tomorrow or maybe the next day I'll resume my "tackle the world" approach but for today, I'll sit on the couch eating chocolate chips and ignoring the rotting issues. It's easier and frankly, keeping me out of a straight jacket.

3 comments:

Lori Lynn said...

I will always welcome your open book approach. I'd much rather have things out in the open where they can be dealt with. No rotting garbage for me.

Anonymous said...

I second that! I love your openess - you say what other people are thinking and it makes me laugh. Now I can't speak from your spouses point of view but from a friend's point of view, I LOVE IT sista!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love you just the way you are!!! I wish I could be a little more that way!!